Integrity 101

You've heard the saying, "Live long enough and you will ..."  That truth seems to be more and more credible to me with each passing year.

Why is it pray tell that people I've been friends with for years I'm begining to see in a new way?  I kid you not, I have a few friends who care more about perception than they care about truth, reality or substance—and they are Christians!  A few go so far as to say, "Well if it can't be proven then ..."  They feel like if you can't prove they have or are lying ... if you can't prove this or that about them then it's not the truth, it's only your perception until proven otherwise.  THIS INFURIATES ME people, it really does.  But it also saddens me...really grieves me. 

I think to myself, "How can you open God's Word, sit under His teaching and be so cavalier about the truth?"  Then God reminds me of me and my sins and short-comings and I try to season myself with love and grace toward these dear souls who Jesus loves and died on the cross for.  But that's what I want to talk about today.  Integrity.

What is integrity?  My Bible concordance says, "Honesty."

Seems like I read or heard someone, I think it was Chuck Swindoll who said, "Integrity is doing what's right even when there is no one watching."  If no one ever finds out you did right, you do it anyway because it is the right thing to do—that's a person with integrity.

Dictionary.com has three definitions and they say, integrity is:

  • adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character and honesty.
  • the state of being whole, entire, or undiminished.
  • a sound, unimpaired, or perfect condition
All right, now y'all ponder on that and tomorrow we're going to look at some Scriptures that deal with integrity and I'll talk about that a bit.

Have a blessed day, and I'd like to leave you with what my mentor Elisabeth Elliot use to always say.  I so believe this and you will hear me quote this often:  Remember, "Everything if given to God can become your gateway to joy."  So whatever you are going through today, dear one, let that be your "Gateway to Joy" today!

Bless you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview with Valerie Elliot Shepard (daughter of Jim and Elisabeth Elliot)

Elisabeth Elliot update {7-01-2012}

The wives of the five American missionaries who were speared to death speak {and more pictures of Valerie Elliot Shepard & her family}. Keeping their story alive!