Restoring the joy of your salvation

Do you ever feel stagnate in your faith?

That's how I've been feeling lately.  I feel like I've just been going through the motions.  I feel as if I've been living to please me, and I see how this selfishness of mine continues to leave a wedge between God and me.

"I love you Lord and I want to please You.  What's wrong with me?"


God reminded me of His servant David.

David felt this way too.  When we find ourselves distant from the Father we need to cry out in prayer and ask Him to:

"Restore to me the joy Of Your salvation, and sustain me with a willing spirit..." Ps. 51:12


Our heavenly Father wants to be close to us—His children.  But somewhere along the road call life, we forget about His longing and focus on ours and what we feel is best for the life that He has given us.

Unconfessed sin makes intimacy with God impossible.  Confess your sin so that God can restore you to the joy of your salvation . . . resulting intimacy with Him.  

Food for thought:  "God wants a broken spirit and a broken and contrite heart".  YOU CAN NEVER PLEASE GOD BY YOUR OUTWARD ACTIONS alone.  No matter how good you appear to be if your inward heart and attitude is not right God is not pleased.

Do you have a sin that you continue to struggle with, yet your Godly sorry for it existing in your life?

Do you genuinely have the desire to turn away from it—give it up?

Tell God about it today and ask Him to "Restore the joy of your salvation to you."

Photosource: ArteZoe's {I find ArteZoe's work simply soft and beautiful :-))

Linking to A Holy Experience... Walk with Him Wednesday Community

Edited from the archives

Comments

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for visiting :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Interview with Valerie Elliot Shepard (daughter of Jim and Elisabeth Elliot)

Elisabeth Elliot update {7-01-2012}

The wives of the five American missionaries who were speared to death speak {and more pictures of Valerie Elliot Shepard & her family}. Keeping their story alive!