Have you been Had?

Cover of "When Godly People Do Ungodly Th...Cover via AmazonHey there my peeps!

Today I was going through my books and came across one of my most beloved.  Beth Moore's, 'When Godly People Do Ungodly Things—Arming Yourself in the Age Of Seduction.

* * *

My name is Had.  You may know me, but you may not know my new name.  You may have no idea what I've been through because I do my best to look the same. I am scared to death of you.  I used to be just like you.  I once held my head up high without propping it on my hymnal.

I was well respected back then, and I even respected myself.  I was wholeheartedly devoted to God, and if the truth be known, somewhere deep inside I was sometimes the slightest bit proud of my devotion.  Then I'd repent ... because I knew that was wrong.  I didn't want to be wrong.  Not ever.

People looked up to me.  And life looked good from up here.  I felt good about who I was.  That was before I was Had.  Strangely, I no longer remember my old name.  I wish I could go back.  I wish I'd just wake up.  But I fear I'm wide awake.  I have had  a nightmare.  And the nightmare was me.  Had.

If I could really talk to you and you could really listen, I'd tell you I have no idea how all this happened.  Honestly, I was just like you.  I didn't plan to be Had.  I didn't want to be Had.  One day I hadn't, then the next day I had.

I love Beth's stories and her story tellingI'll post more tomorrow.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for visiting :-)

ShareThis