Have you been Had?

Cover of "When Godly People Do Ungodly Th...Cover via AmazonHey there my peeps!

Today I was going through my books and came across one of my most beloved.  Beth Moore's, 'When Godly People Do Ungodly Things—Arming Yourself in the Age Of Seduction.

* * *

My name is Had.  You may know me, but you may not know my new name.  You may have no idea what I've been through because I do my best to look the same. I am scared to death of you.  I used to be just like you.  I once held my head up high without propping it on my hymnal.

I was well respected back then, and I even respected myself.  I was wholeheartedly devoted to God, and if the truth be known, somewhere deep inside I was sometimes the slightest bit proud of my devotion.  Then I'd repent ... because I knew that was wrong.  I didn't want to be wrong.  Not ever.

People looked up to me.  And life looked good from up here.  I felt good about who I was.  That was before I was Had.  Strangely, I no longer remember my old name.  I wish I could go back.  I wish I'd just wake up.  But I fear I'm wide awake.  I have had  a nightmare.  And the nightmare was me.  Had.

If I could really talk to you and you could really listen, I'd tell you I have no idea how all this happened.  Honestly, I was just like you.  I didn't plan to be Had.  I didn't want to be Had.  One day I hadn't, then the next day I had.

I love Beth's stories and her story tellingI'll post more tomorrow.

Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview with Valerie Elliot Shepard (daughter of Jim and Elisabeth Elliot)

Elisabeth Elliot update {7-01-2012}

The wives of the five American missionaries who were speared to death speak {and more pictures of Valerie Elliot Shepard & her family}. Keeping their story alive!