Balance seasoned with grace

"Do not be excessively righteous and do not be overly wise.  Why should you ruin yourself?" ~ Ecc. 7:16




Admitantly, I don't know much about the book of Ecclesiastes other than the "Time to ...," but that's close to it.

What I got from this verse may be so different from what you've gotten, or maybe even so far from what the author intended.

 

I've been on both side of the spectrum of what Solomon is talking about. I've been what I call (don't think God called it that) "excessively righteous and overly wise."  Thinking this way has gotten me in so much spiritual trouble.  Through much trial and error God showed me that my problem was a lack of balance.

Balance.  That's the key ingredient in our walk.  Balance seasoned with grace.  The older I get the more I'm learning to appreciate both.



Where would you be?  Where would I be if our Loving Father didn't know how to bestow balance and grace unto us?

I thank God for knowing me enough to know what's best for me, and for adequately giving me my portion.

Thank you Lord for Your grace!



I feel like singing--

Amazing grace...
should always be my song of praise
for it was grace that bought my liberty. 
I do not know, just why He came to
love me so. 
He looked beyond my faults and saw
my needs.
I shall forever lift my eyes to Calvary.
To view the cross where Jesus died
for me.
How marvelous, the grace that caught
my falling soul.
He looked beyond my faults and saw my needs.

Look beyond someones faults today.

Oh, and forgive me if the lyrics aren't correct :)



Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview with Valerie Elliot Shepard (daughter of Jim and Elisabeth Elliot)

Elisabeth Elliot update {7-01-2012}

The wives of the five American missionaries who were speared to death speak {and more pictures of Valerie Elliot Shepard & her family}. Keeping their story alive!