The desires of our heart

Please take time today to listen to this podcast by Dr. Charles Stanley.

 I really enjoyed this message today and I just know you will be blessed by it too, so PLEASE find a bit of time to listen to this audio and allow God to bless you, teach you some new truths and remind you of a few old ones.

You will do have to scroll down to the bottom of the blog to mute the music.


"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.~ Psalm 37:4

How do we do this?  How do we delight ourselves in Him and commit our way to Him?

When we delight in someone that means that we experience extreme pleasure and joy from being around them—remember when you were dating your spouse? 

The pleasure and the delight that we seek to have with God can only come from us spending time with Him—becoming intimate.  This is how we get to know and experience God better.


When we commit to Him we entrust our very being (our existence) all that we have to Him.  And then as Dr. Stanley says we must wait patiently on Him.  We don't want to complain.  We wait.  We wait for Him to work out the very best for our lives.









Isn't this a beautiful kitchen?  One I would love to do my 'domestication' in. 

I don't know if I've ever shared with you all how I love the Walton's and my desire before I leave this earth is to visit Schuyler, Virginia the hometown to Earl Hamner creator of the Walton's.  I want to see the original home and the museum (Walton's Museum).  My husband doesn't see it as being so thrilling, but has said (for years now) that we will go.  I hope it will be sooner, now, rather than later.

If anyone of you live close by Schuyler or has ever been please send me an email.  I would love to hear your stories.

A big thank you to Eva girl  over at The Opulent Poppy for sharing her pictures.  You guys should go visit her.  She's quite a seamstress.  She's copied a lot of the dresses that Olivia on the Walton's wear. 

May our heavenly Father bless you.



 ... a repost                                               
Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview with Valerie Elliot Shepard (daughter of Jim and Elisabeth Elliot)

Elisabeth Elliot update {7-01-2012}

The wives of the five American missionaries who were speared to death speak {and more pictures of Valerie Elliot Shepard & her family}. Keeping their story alive!