Being a Christian who doesn't backslide



Yesterday, while driving my son to his basketball game, I was able to rest and reflect while driving.  Believe it or not lots of times that's how I find the time to unwine.

I love Christian radio and yesterday I listened to the late Adrian Rogers.

Adrian said there's three things a Christian can do to be sure they don't backslide.

  1. Spend at least 15 minutes listening to God from His Word. 
  2. Spend at least 15 minutes talking to God through prayer.
  3. Find someone to tell about God everyday
He said the problem come in because usually, though, we sit with Bible open, or we bend the knee often times we don't devote an entire 15 minutes to these things daily.

I do have regular Bible and prayer time, but this morning, I timed myself and spent at least 15 minutes doing the above.  My telling someone about Jesus everyday will surely be me blogging to you, but hopefully...I'm pretty sure God will send someone in my life to disciple.

So try this and let me know how it's working for ya.

Enjoy your weekend!


                                                                                                                 ...a repost from the archives

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview with Valerie Elliot Shepard (daughter of Jim and Elisabeth Elliot)

Elisabeth Elliot update {7-01-2012}

The wives of the five American missionaries who were speared to death speak {and more pictures of Valerie Elliot Shepard & her family}. Keeping their story alive!