God will provide

Sometimes we, Christians, have a tendency to panic within, even though we know God and believe what His Word says.


  • We panic even though we've experienced Him and His faithfulness.  


  • We panic, at times, when we can't readily see or predict an outcome in certain situations.



This week I was revving up to set into panic mode.  You see we had to drop our health insurance (again) because it was simply too expensive.


Last week, my older son (17) and I had stomach viruses (we never get sick).  I needed medication that needed refilling, but I had to get a doctors authorization and didn't have the $300, just for the office visit (that didn't include test).  My oldest son fainted...but we have no health insurance.  Our family is among the people who are "uninsured."


Have you ever tried going to the doctor or the ER, for that matter with no health coverage?!  It's ludicrous and a very unpleasant and humiliating experience.






As for politics, I've been on the Conservative and the Liberal side.  I can relate to a little bit of both when it comes to moral and social issues.  However, neither side, in my experience has helped our family (the self-employed) much.  For thirteen years my husband has owned his own meat company and we've had to pay for our health care benefits.  The benefits have always been too high.  I've come to realize that no one government official is making it or will make it better, at least as far as I can see.





Okay, that's my side note, getting back to what I was saying...


I was tempted to panic until I remembered:


So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself.  Each day has enough trouble of its own. ~ Matthew 6:34
Then I remembered...


And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus. ~ Philippians 4:19
Then I remembered ...


O taste and see that the Lord is good.  How blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him.  ~ Psalm 34:8
After dwelling on those Scriptures, I opened my Bible to ...


In those days, when there was again a large crowd and they had nothing to eat Jesus called His disciples and said to them, 'I feel compassion for the people because they have remained with me now three days and have nothing to eat.  If I send them away hungry to their homes, they will faint on the way, and some of them have come a great distance.  And His disciples answered Him, 'Where will anyone be able to find enough bread here in this desolate place to satisfy these people?'  And He was asking them, 'How many loaves do you have?'  And they said, 'Seven.'  And He directed the people to sit down on the ground, and taking the seven loaves, HE GAVE THANKS and broke them and started giving them to His disciples to serve them, and they served them to the people.  They also had a few small fish and after He had blessed, He ordered these to be served as well.  And they ate and were SATISFIED.  And they picked up the seven large baskets full of what was left over and all the broken pieces.  About four thousand was there and He sent them away.

So Jesus gave thanks for what He had not yet seen and the people ate until they were satisfied.  They were content--full.


I'm reminded and am learning that we are to thank God for our circumstances, yes Jesus thanked God for the meal and He thanked Him because He knew that God was going to provide what was needed!  I am convinced that circumstances shape our character!  Regardless of how bleak things look, we can rest in knowing God is going to take care of His own.  He has promised that to us.


God will meet you and me where we are when we step out in faith and obedience.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview with Valerie Elliot Shepard (daughter of Jim and Elisabeth Elliot)

Elisabeth Elliot update {7-01-2012}

The wives of the five American missionaries who were speared to death speak {and more pictures of Valerie Elliot Shepard & her family}. Keeping their story alive!