A work in progress

Sometimes do you feel as though you're not making any progress in your spiritual life regardless of how hard you try?

I feel like this a lot at times, thankfully, I'm not feeling like this right now.  For some reason though, I feel compelled to write about it...

When I feel this way--stale in my spiritual progression, my mind instantly goes to, Philippians 1:6 " For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus."



"Is that really true Lord?"  I ask.

When I look at my life and the mistakes that I've made, am making, and think about the ones I will make, I wonder will He be able to?  Will I, like Jesus, accomplish what I've come to earth to do?

Will you accomplish on earth, like Jesus, what God has sent you here to do?

That bothers me and it's constantly on my mind.  I don't want to get close to death "wondering" if I've completed my earthly task.  Again, like Jesus, when I get to the end of my life I want to say: "It's finished."  And know that what I was sent to do was done by me; therefore, my mission really will be "finished" complete.

Do you think about that?  Do you know why God gave you life?  Why did He save you?  What is your purpose?



Many of us just finished celebrating the birth of God's Son.  Remember, He was born for a reason...a purpose.  So were you.  So was I.








I am a sinner
I'm wretched
I complain way too much
I'm not always satisfied
At times, my own children get on my nerves.
My husband, at times, rubs me the wrong way.
Sometimes I get tired of cleaning the same clothes, dishes and house day in and day out.  I train my children...line upon line...precept upon precept.  I instruct them, only hours later to hear or see them do the very thing I've instructed them otherwise on.

Jesus was born to redeem.

What work is God beginning in me?  I don't have the complete answer, but day-by-day He reveals more.

I remember ...

You remember ...

When you are discouraged, remember that God does not give up on you.

When you feel incomplete...

When you feel unfinished...

When you're stressed by your shortcomings you and I must grab hold to His promise to complete in us what He has started, just like He did with Jesus.  As He did with Jesus so will He do with us... He will provide what is needed for us to carry out our life's purpose...those are His provisions.

Remember not to let your present condition rob you of the joy of knowing Christ or keep you from growing closer to Him.





Keep pressing.  Keep moving.  Keep running.  Don't give up.

"For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus." ~ Philippians 1:6


Photo: Philippian jail cell
Photo: Caesarea theater

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview with Valerie Elliot Shepard (daughter of Jim and Elisabeth Elliot)

Elisabeth Elliot update {7-01-2012}

The wives of the five American missionaries who were speared to death speak {and more pictures of Valerie Elliot Shepard & her family}. Keeping their story alive!