Are you a Christian worthy of pruning?

I' d like to share with you a Scripture that's been on my mind:

I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser.  Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit.  He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit.  He prunes it so that it may bear more fruit.  (John 15: 1-2)



I've read this so many times and I've heard it read, but some where along the way...I seem to have MISSED,

"EVERY BRANCH IN ME THAT DOES NOT BEAR FRUIT.  HE TAKES AWAY AND EVERY BRANCH THAT BEARS FRUIT.  HE PRUNES IT SO THAT IT MAY BEAR MORE FRUIT."

Don't misunderstand:  I've READ it— but I haven't really READ it, know what I mean?

Do you ever do that?  Seemingly by-pass something in Scripture?


This passage tells me that NOT ALL CHRISTIANS are being pruned.  I didn't realize that.  Only the CHRISTIAN'S who are bearing fruit are worthy.

The word PRUNE is defines as something to rid or clear of (anything superfluous or undesirable).  To remove (anything considered superfluous or undesirable).

In this verse, however, Jesus refers to two kinds of pruning: separating and cutting back the branches.
Therefore this Scripture tells me that those of us Christians who are BEARING FRUIT...God wants us to continue bearing more fruit, and in order for that to happen He's going to rid us of the undesirable...

He's going to remove ...  SORT of reminds me of an operation... so that tells us there will be pain in being pruned.  



Sooooo, don't FRET over that hardship in your life, especially if you know you're in His Word...striving to live according to His principles.  Because more than likely, that bit of hardship is nothing more than you (and me) being PRUNED.  

Just like the grapevine bears many grapes when it's cut back...we too will bear more fruit by being cut back "pruned."  Like I said, it will hurt, but He knows.  He loves us, and it will make us better for His Kingdom work.

Be a worthy branch for His kingdom.



Christians or in this case branches, who aren't bearing fruit are going to be cut off (or are cut off) at the trunk so that they don't infect the rest of the tree.  Same is so with us, those who try to stop or block the efforts of those who are striving to follow God and be obedient will be cut off from His life-giving power.

YOUR GOAL:
Today, strive to be a branch worthy of being pruned.  As a matter of fact, welcome it!  Yeah, look forward to it!

Have a blessed day *_*

And remember: "Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance, and let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete lacking in nothing." (James 1:2-4)


"We seem to gain wisdom more readily through our failures than through our successes. We always think of failure as the antithesis of success, but it isn’t. Success often lies just the other side of failure.” -Leo F. Buscaglia



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview with Valerie Elliot Shepard (daughter of Jim and Elisabeth Elliot)

Elisabeth Elliot update {7-01-2012}

The wives of the five American missionaries who were speared to death speak {and more pictures of Valerie Elliot Shepard & her family}. Keeping their story alive!