Extending grace

I'm back again today, talking about Grace.

Let me just start off by saying, "When you have screwed up in your Christian walk as much as I have...being inconsistent in your walk, having a bad attitude and so on, you come to appreciate GRACE."

I'm thankful for it.  The biggest reason I'm thankful for it now is because I really know within my being that I don't deserve it.

When I first became saved I knew that I was a sinner in need of it, but I believed the "lie" that so many often told me "I was good."  That was pre-married, pre-babies (7), and pre-homeschooling.



After being married for 20 years, having seven children, and homeschooling...I now know the sin that lives within my heart.  Husband and children—the people I love the most.  They are also the people that bring out the worst in me at times.  Sometimes when I think of family I think of the opening line in Charles Dickens classic: The tale of two cities: "It was the best of times.  It was the worst of times."

But God ...  He sees all of that about me (and you).  The ugliness that we hide so well with proper outwardly behavior, the clothes we wear, the house we live in, the car we drive, the church we attend, the house we keep...  He sees us...the real "us."  The child so undeserving and wretched—He sees that and He extends His GRACE.  He loves and accepts the ugliness of YOU and ME.

The Bible says in Romans 5:8, "But God showed His love for us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us..."  All of the vile ugliness that represents the cross...that He took in our place: GRACE.  LOVE.  MERCY.

Today, with your words and with your actions: Extend GRACE to some undeserving soul.


Do for someone else what God did for you.

 PX3RSTFJKYKJ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview with Valerie Elliot Shepard (daughter of Jim and Elisabeth Elliot)

Elisabeth Elliot update {7-01-2012}

The wives of the five American missionaries who were speared to death speak {and more pictures of Valerie Elliot Shepard & her family}. Keeping their story alive!