"Time is life and I want the fullest time."

"They say time is money, but that's not true.  Time is life, and if I want the fullest life I need to find the fullest time." ~ Ann Voskamp

I look at the clock anxiously.  I need to get everyone in bed so I can get started on writing. My soul is longing for it ... calling out to it: serenity.  My head is filling with thougths that need releasing.  I have two books to read His and hers, then I want to get some journal writing in.  Today I added more gifts to my gratitude list! 

I'm anxiously waiting for the moment to open up and ingest the words of Daniel.  He gave thanks three times a day, don't you know?  I long to follow.

How often do you thank God during the day?  Do you see all your days as a gift?  It's easier to say, "thank you" when you believe what you have been given is a gift.

My eyes are different, they are anew.  They search for gratitude.  Gifts from His hand.

I want to rush everyone.  Tell them to get on with it!  I have holy work to do—read.  But isn't patiences holy work?  Isn't my acceptance of what His hands give me this moment a holy duty?

Be quiet.  Be still.  Be in the moment.

I savor the moment.  Wash the dishes.  Yes, gazing out the window to far away places.  But then,  I decide to travel back here.  Be in this moment of time.  Listen to the chatter of happy children while I listen and watch the down pour of much needed rain.

In this moment.  I think about the fullness of time and the gift God has given me to care for my family.  This is the work that my hands are finding to do.

These are my thoughts as my hands are submerged in the water.  Me washing dishes ... my love dance to my family and to Him.  "I don't have much to give them" I think.  But what I do have I freely give.

"They say time is money, but that's not true.  Time is life" so I need to make the most of my time.


"Wherever you are be all there," says Elisabeth Elliot

Learn to be in the moment.  Enjoy now 'cause now is all we really have anyway.

"Live each moment to the fullest." Slow down.

Most of us stay on the go ... always rushing.   We buy, we get and we strive ... in hopes of becoming quicker and better .  But we're not.  We only become more hurried in our mind thus manifesting it in our behavior, with less time for the most important.  Sitting and talking.  Having breakfast together or dinner together with the Television off, nothing else engaging, but you and the people you are with.  Really hearing what's being said.  Listening, and just being.  Slow down.  See the bubbles in the dish water, their colors, their shapes.  Appreciate the moments you have, now.  This time.  Thank God.

"cause when it's all said and done: This moment is all any of us really have.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." J.RR. Tolkien


Find Angela talks about ... page on Facebook

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview with Valerie Elliot Shepard (daughter of Jim and Elisabeth Elliot)

Elisabeth Elliot update {7-01-2012}

The wives of the five American missionaries who were speared to death speak {and more pictures of Valerie Elliot Shepard & her family}. Keeping their story alive!