Are my children satisfied?

Every second counts.  How are you spending your time?

I've been thinking often about this, in particularly how I'm affecting my children with what I do and don't do with my time.

Then I came upon this:

"Are my children satisfied first everyday?  Before phone calls, household chores, email inboxes, message boards, errands, volunteer activities, church functions, hobbies ... are my children deeply and fully satisfied?" ~ Ann Voskamp


I feel like I'm slipping ... falling.  I'm striving working at trying to balance it {all that I have to do} better.


Then I remember my calling and what's important.  There's really no need to try and balance it all 'cause there is just one thing that's most important.  All else is secondary He whispers to my heart.

Blogging is good, but blogging—and all that it entails ought not have first priority.

Lose myself in His will and calling first and He will give me the desires of my heart.  This is something I must remember.

All this that I want to do with my blogging.  All that I hope to accomplish ... I must remember Him first and He will do the rest.  I can't think about cleaning the house, hope to clean the house, think about spending moments with him or hope to spend moments with them ...  .

"He who watches the wind will not sow and he who looks at the clouds will not reap. ... Sow your seed in the morning and do not be idle in the evening, for you do not know whether morning or evening sowing will succeed, or whether both of them alike will be good."

Then I remember her prayer for us, the writers, and I think she's been here already.  Right here, where I am now.

She posted it on her blog for us to partake of.  I do.  She says:


A prayer for writers
God of the Word, we ask you 
Give us a Word.
Your daughters are hungry.
We are women of the Word,
Wielding words You take around the world.
Weave the curve of our letters on screens
into baskets,
baskets heavy with that which deeply, fully fills.
Weave the curve of our letters into baskets that offer up the only food that satisfies… You.
May you meet us, your Word women, such women, at a time such as this,
and reveal to us Your will for our words…
We long not to be not to be recognized or lauded or discovered…
We long for simply this
to glorify your name,
and spread your praise and you honor and your fame.
Make us a success not in sitemeters but in Your site alone
and give us a hunger for the upside down kingdom….
In the name of the Word wrapped in flesh,
the God-Man made bread, broken, and passed around….
In Jesus name…Amen.
My thanks to Him for: #'s 218-228
~ life
~ second chances
~ mother's company
~ new laptop
~ family dances
~ laughter
~ water from heaven's sky

This post is also linked to Faith Barista.

Find Angela talks about ... page on Facebook



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview with Valerie Elliot Shepard (daughter of Jim and Elisabeth Elliot)

Elisabeth Elliot update {7-01-2012}

The wives of the five American missionaries who were speared to death speak {and more pictures of Valerie Elliot Shepard & her family}. Keeping their story alive!