A daily soul journey

His Word says, "Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS." ~ Matthew 11:29


To practice humility in our lives WE must wake up daily with an attitude ready to serve others.  Not just the doing of the service, but having the right attitude before, while and after doing.  In order to really have the humility that Jesus calls us to have we must forgo the rights of ourselves and the expectation of exaltation.

Is this the attitude that I display in my life daily?
often times I don't.  I want to.  Long to, and even strive to.  This is one of my daily soul journeys ... .  I don't pray for it either, sadly.  Too afraid God will put me in situations where I'm constantly having to practice it—though I have to practice it.

This post is linked to Ann Voskamp's blog, A Holy Experience.  The subject of our Walk with Him Wednesday talks is "The practice of humility."


This post is also linked to Good Morning Girls.

Find Angela talks about ... page on Facebook

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview with Valerie Elliot Shepard (daughter of Jim and Elisabeth Elliot)

Elisabeth Elliot update {7-01-2012}

The wives of the five American missionaries who were speared to death speak {and more pictures of Valerie Elliot Shepard & her family}. Keeping their story alive!