How compassionate are you?
You know I talk a lot about my faith on this blog. And I work very hard at putting my faith in action. The one area in my life where I always feel I fall short is when it comes to helping those who I am not close to. Those who are not in my immediate family or extended church family.
Sure. If someone calls me specifically and shares a need and if I am able to help I do. But I don't over-extend myself enough. I'm way too comfortable in my lifestyle and my indulgences. God continues to press this on my heart, and for whatever reason I keep brushing it off. But as I've been telling my husband all week. I feel inspired to action. Inspired to do something to help the children with Compassion Bloggers.
I don't think God has allowed me to become a member of Compassion Bloggers just to blog about "a cause." Their cause. No. He wants me to do more.
At first I told myself that the reason I hadn't sponsored a child yet was because I didn't know if the money was really going to the children, but Shaun Groves and a few other bloggers answered that silent question of mine. So ...
Now the question is? Will I be willing to maybe sacrifice an extra $38 a month for what I truly believe God is calling me to do—sponsor a child. As of right now I am, and as soon as I post this blog post ... I am going to go and search for my child.
You guys know I am going to let you know the good, bad and ugly of my actions regardless.
I'm thinking it may be good for us to chose a child together as a family. You know get my children involved in the choosing too.
Okay, I'll let you guys know, but in the mean time consider this:
Sometimes You Crawl
- Share the Compassion Bloggers posts on Twitter and Facebook like there’s no tomorrow.
- Print out this page and put it on your fridge. Pray for their food each time you get yours.
- Take 5 minutes to look at your budget. Find the extra $38 hiding in there.
- As a reader mentioned she’s doing with her family, read through some of the Compassion Bloggers posts as a devotion time or at bedtime. Let it stir your children’s hearts.
Sometimes You Leap
- If you are a sponsor, print a picture to send to your child today.
Sometimes when you don’t know what to do, you just leap.
- Sponsora child yourself.
Here’s the Key
- Gather a group of friends, coworkers or family to sponsor a child.