Summer reading plans for moms

Hi ladies!

I thought it would be fun for us to participate over at Courtney's place and join her in the summer reading plan for moms.

What exactly is Courtney's summber reading plans for mothers you ask?

Her plan follows the S.O.A.P method.  What is the S.O.A.P method?  So glad you asked.

The S.O.A.P. Method stands for:
1. S- Write out the scripture passage for the day. (I have a shiny new notebook where I will be writing out the verse/s of the day.)
2. O- Write down 1 or 2 observations from the passage. (After I write out the verse, I will write what I learned from the verse.)
3. A- Write down 1-2 applications from the passage. (Then I will write out how this verse applies to me if it is applicable.)
4. P- Pray over what you learned from today’s passage. (Then I will pray this verse over myself and my family.)
As you go through this study, if you come across a verse or passage that you don’t understand, I recommend Crosswalk’s Bible Study Tools found here: http://www.biblestudytools.com/ On this page in the lower right hand corner, you can find links to Bible dictionaries, commentaries (I like Matthew Henry’s and John McArthur’s), concordances, and other Bible translations, etc.
I need accountability. If you need it too just print out the summer reading plan here.
To find out more about the summer reading plan go here:

Reading schedule:

 
FYI:  They are already on week 7, but please don't let that stop you.
On the days that we share, I'll be sharing my thoughts with you and I hope you do the same. 
Let's grow together ladies!
Click on the link for a print out of S.O.A.P.  S.O.A.P printout

Find Angela talks about ... page on Facebook.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview with Valerie Elliot Shepard (daughter of Jim and Elisabeth Elliot)

Elisabeth Elliot update {7-01-2012}

The wives of the five American missionaries who were speared to death speak {and more pictures of Valerie Elliot Shepard & her family}. Keeping their story alive!