Blogging, friend or foe to the Christian?




Blogging—social media, we that do it love it ... feel we can't do without it even.  So is it a blessing or a curse?

That answer will no doubt depend on who you talk to and their frame of mind when you talk to them.  I will honestly say that moderation is the key to that answer for me.  I will also share that at this point in my blogging I have yet to have blogged in moderation.

I either blog and network too little or I do it too much... wait, I don't think we can network too much or work on our blog enough. Just like housework, there is always something that needs to be done.  We just have to know when to put it down.

Regardless of how much I'm doing it or not doing it, I see it as being one of the biggest blessings for the stay-at-home mom.  Sure it is a blessing to others for many reasons, but for the stay-at-home mom like myself  We have the opportunity of sharing our experiences.  The comparing of notes.

Even though we always knew we weren't alone, now there is proof that women all around the world experience what we are or have experienced.  Not only do I have the opportunity of  meeting like minded women world wide.  I also get to share my beloved writing, share my beloved faith, talk about my family, and share my opinion on awesome—and not so awesome products and books that I've been entrusted with.


It's an entire community within it self.




Through social media, blogging in particular, I have the opportunity to deal with companies not just as a mother and/or a consumer, but as a business woman who happens to be Christian and a stay-at-home mother.  This allows companies and others to see what God sees in me and other stay-at-home mothers:  We are not one dimensional.  There are a lot of compartments and diversity to the stay-at-home mother Christian or not.

What has been most surprising for me in this new venture has been the willingness of others to listen to me.  People are really wanting to hear what I have to say!

Realizing this has put a greater urgency and dedication along with determination in my heart to spend time with the Lord throughout the day now, not just daily.  I'm finding joy in this new lifestyle.  I find joy in praying throughout the day.  I find purpose, satisfaction and contentment.  Stopping to take the time to bend and and open the Bible has allowed God and I to become even closer.  I can feel His satisfaction in my sincere attempts and we discuss what I'm doing often.


Social media is growing me.  It's bringing me out of my shell.  I'm naturally introverted, never cared about popularity or being liked that much.  I do very well being alone.  Blogging, Twitter, Facebook all of these venues pull me out of my shell.

God reminds me as He did at one particular church I attended when I cried that I had no friends, "If I want friends, I must show myself friendly."


I believe the Lord is causing each one of us in social media to make a difference 'for such a time as this.'

This is our time.  Yours and mine.  And blogging is the platform that God has given us to speak.


                                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"For if you keep silent at this time, relief and deliverance will rise for the Jews from another place, but you and your father's house will perish.  And who knows whether you have not come to the kingdom for such a time as this." ~ Esther 4:14            
                                       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                            
This post is linked to Women Living Well Ministry, Media Mondays.  Ann Voskamp.  And The Things We Find Inside.


Today is also Multitude Monday, where I share my gratitude list over at A Holy Experience.


Numbers, 283 ---- 286


~ blogging
~ other social media outlet
~ women bloggers, particularly Christian and stay-at-home mothers
~ America, the home of the FREE and the BRAVE!
~ other social media outlets

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview with Valerie Elliot Shepard (daughter of Jim and Elisabeth Elliot)

Elisabeth Elliot update {7-01-2012}

The wives of the five American missionaries who were speared to death speak {and more pictures of Valerie Elliot Shepard & her family}. Keeping their story alive!