The story of two brothers: a grace moment

This is where my heart is today... pondering on grace.

I've been engrossed in reading a families tale—the story that I'm reading starts in Genesis 27 and ends in  Genesis 33:20.

My favorite parts:


"But Esau ran to meet him and embraced him and fell on his neck and kissed him, and they wept." Genesis 33:1


And when Jacob says to Esau, "... for I have seen your face, which is like seeing the face of God..." ~ Genesis 33:10


Grace is the benevolent one isn't she, always giving to those of us who are undeserving.

Can you think of some undeserving person in need of your grace today? Perhaps today is the day for you to consider ... maybe even act on it.

"But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works; otherwise grace would no longer be grace." ~ Romans 1:16


Special note to we parents:  Lets try not to show favoritism.  There may be a child who you relate to more, one who reminds us of ourselves, or one whose temperament is easier to deal with then another.  But let's always strive to be united in the love that we give our children and in how they view our dealings with them and their siblings.


Today I'm at Ann's, participating in the community of gratitude.

My Gratitude list:  {my apologies, I lost track of the numbers.  I'll count them up and add it here}

~ God's grace
~ those who extend grace to me
~ an opportunity to extend grace to others
~ another day to make the wrongs right
~ another day so that I can try again
~ God's answered prayer

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview with Valerie Elliot Shepard (daughter of Jim and Elisabeth Elliot)

Elisabeth Elliot update {7-01-2012}

The wives of the five American missionaries who were speared to death speak {and more pictures of Valerie Elliot Shepard & her family}. Keeping their story alive!