Stepping up—a courageous call to manhood

Usually, I stay away from topics that tell men how to be men.

I don't like it and I feel that it isn't my place as a woman.  Even now I am a bit, shy, in posting this as I am in no way trying to tell men, "To step up and be a man."

What I am hoping to do by sharing this video, and Dennis Rainey words is to help you "woman" and you "wife"  encourage the men in your family and your husband's in their God given roles.

{friends scroll down to quiet the music.  I really love this trailer}


Dear Friends,

Can a few "mouse clicks" ignite a positive change for American families?
The answer is a resounding "yes," and together we can make it happen. How? Take a look at this short video and you'll see.
For the past 12 years, I've talked to men of all ages and life stages about what it means to be a man, and what I found, frequently, was a fundamental lack of honest equipping and encouragement. I also found men eager to answer a clear call to grow up, man up, and step up to the great adventure of the Christian life.
Stepping Up BookMy response is this book--Stepping Up: A Call to Courageous Manhood--and I believe it strikes an essential chord. In the five stages of life, every man needs the influence of godly men or needs to influence other men to pursue God's best:
  • Boyhood--A time to explore and discover
  • Adolescence--A time to test the limits
  • Manhood--A challenge to repeatedly step up
  • Mentor--An age of investment and impact
  • Patriarch--An age of influence and relevance
In these stages, wherever you or the men in your life find yourselves, the time is now to courageously step up to God-given opportunities and responsibilities.
I feel so strongly about this message that, from now until October 15, Stepping Up is available online for $1.99. That's my step. What about you? Will you courageously forward this email, as God leads you, to ten men and bring some encouragement to their lives?
Just a few clicks of the mouse ... and we can change the world.
Let's "step up" and do this!

Dennis Rainey


Ladies share this with your husband.

Encourage your man today {in a respectable manner of course} to "step-up" will you?

To learn more about Dennis Rainey please visit, Family Life Today.


xo, Angela

blog subscription  | twitter | facebook
Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview with Valerie Elliot Shepard (daughter of Jim and Elisabeth Elliot)

Elisabeth Elliot update {7-01-2012}

The wives of the five American missionaries who were speared to death speak {and more pictures of Valerie Elliot Shepard & her family}. Keeping their story alive!