Living gratitude


Living gratitude is one of the things I find that I am most inconsistent with.  

I start.  I stop.  My eyes or better yet my heart always seems to shift it's focus.  I've been touched by the weight that a life lived out in gratitude can lift, but I always seem to forget.

So I will attempt again.  I will try today to remember that a life lived with consistent gratitude is a happy life.  It is a life that will keep me closes to God and it will be the most fulfilling for me.

Friends from Ann's I ask that you bestow on my grace as I've stopped giving thanks for a while and have found that it has brought me a sense of emptiness.

I'm looking to be filled and refueled again and I have come to experience that the only way that is possible is for me to give thanks for this moment because even if I don't see it, there are plenty of things to count as joy.  One being the grace to begin again.

What I am thankful for:

1.  eyes of discernment
2.  God not leaving me, even when I leave Him again and again
3.  the grace of my Savior & others
4.  The consistency of Ann Voskamp's scratching out in the dark over at A Holy Experience.
5.  People who love me . . . just and only because I am ME
6.  my gifts, talents and desires
7.  seasons changing

This post is linked to Ann Voskamp's Gratitude Community.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview with Valerie Elliot Shepard (daughter of Jim and Elisabeth Elliot)

Elisabeth Elliot update {7-01-2012}

The wives of the five American missionaries who were speared to death speak {and more pictures of Valerie Elliot Shepard & her family}. Keeping their story alive!