Living gratitude is one of the things I find that I am most inconsistent with.
I start. I stop. My eyes or better yet my heart always seems to shift it's focus. I've been touched by the weight that a life lived out in gratitude can lift, but I always seem to forget.
So I will attempt again. I will try today to remember that a life lived with consistent gratitude is a happy life. It is a life that will keep me closes to God and it will be the most fulfilling for me.
Friends from Ann's I ask that you bestow on my grace as I've stopped giving thanks for a while and have found that it has brought me a sense of emptiness.
I'm looking to be filled and refueled again and I have come to experience that the only way that is possible is for me to give thanks for this moment because even if I don't see it, there are plenty of things to count as joy. One being the grace to begin again.
What I am thankful for:
1. eyes of discernment
2. God not leaving me, even when I leave Him again and again
3. the grace of my Savior & others
4. The consistency of Ann Voskamp's scratching out in the dark over at A Holy Experience.
5. People who love me . . . just and only because I am ME
6. my gifts, talents and desires
7. seasons changing
This post is linked to Ann Voskamp's Gratitude Community.