Hope for the distracted one

I feel like Mary . . .

busy, doing and going: no where.

Choosing that which is less important. The thing that has no eternal value what-so-ever. Being unwise in decisions.

To talk about my decisions or write about them isn't enough anymore. Action is required. To know and not do is the sin, isn't it?

Why do I . . .


How do I . . .

Why and how do I always loose focus? Allow myself to get distracted, become moved from the important, the music of my life. The grown up has much growing up to do.



Each day my heart and spirit longs to be with Him, with home, with what's important, but each day I allow myself to become distracted from Him, from home, from what's important—the music, the music of my life.

Laundry is sky high. School papers need correcting, the house needs the attention from the woman within it, but I'm busy, busy doing what?

Before you begin a thing, remind yourself that difficulties will arise.  Didn't that old devil seek to crush Simon Peter and the other disciples like grains of wheat? 

Was it not his hope to find only chaff and blow it away?





You and I are no different, but I keep forgetting.  Forgetting that what I am called to do right here in this home, in these walls is a holy work, my holy experience, and because I forget and not see this work that I do as the utmost of holies I allow myself to get blindsided each and every time, just as my parents did in the garden. 

Jesus assures me just as he assured my brother in the faith Peter. That his faith, although it would falter, would not be destroyed.  It would be renewed, and Peter would become a powerful leader.

I don't know, and I doubt very seriously if I will ever become a powerful leader.  But I hope that one day my God can see me as a powerful woman only because of the obedience that I've given to His Word and what He has called me to do.



Let us remember, "Before you begin a thing, remind yourself that difficulties and delays quite impossible to forsee are ahead.  If you could see them clearly, naturally you could do a great deal to rid of them but you can't.  You can only see one thing clearly and that is your goal. Form a mental vision of that and cling to it through thick and thin" ~ Katheleen Norris





"What makes our labor holy, what makes it eternal, is not just the work but the state of our hearts while performing that work.  When we comprehend that truth, then we realize washing dishes is as significant to the kingdom as operating on a patient; driving a truck is as eternally triumph as leading a company.  Then, even in the zig-zags of our careers, when life seems more random than ordered, when it feels like we're running in thick and with heavy boots, we can rest in the knowledge we're serving God as we labor faithfully and diligently." ~Randy Kilgore



xo, Angela

blog subscription  | twitter | facebook

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview with Valerie Elliot Shepard (daughter of Jim and Elisabeth Elliot)

Elisabeth Elliot update {7-01-2012}

The wives of the five American missionaries who were speared to death speak {and more pictures of Valerie Elliot Shepard & her family}. Keeping their story alive!