Moms do you need a get away? {Mom Life Boot Camp}



M
others, are you worn out, spent, frazzled, overwhelmed and down right tired?

You may even find that you are sad and depressed to realize that you are not Superwoman after all.  And if  you really get honest with yourself, you see how accepting a little help from someone else isn't such a bad idea after all.

I certainly can relate to these kind of feelings, and remember not too long ago, how my heart sank when I had to face the fact that not only am I not Superwoman, but the family that I love and adore, the children who I stayed home to home school and teach God's principals to, wind up being flawed too, and the only person that sees them as "super" honestly is me.

The mid 40's are bringing me to the point in my life where I am having to accept that many of the dreams I'd once had for myself as a woman, wife, mother and Godly woman, are just that: dreams.

My new normal is for me to live with the reality that I am an imperfect being, and accept that my body does get tired.  I've come to accept that no amount of supplements, eating organically, drinking Yogi green tea, and even getting an adequate amount of sleep along with exercise can change what God has already spoken in Ecc. 3: "There is a time for everything under the sun."

What I never realized was how limited our time and seasons really are.

Moms maybe today finds you beating up on yourself a bit, maybe you're giving yourself a hard time because you just can't do it all, or do it all anymore.

Ease up, okay.

None of us can, please believe me, and if perhaps you think you are, I'm sure there is a slack somewhere.  And more than likely that slack will be found in the amount of sleep you're getting Mom.  Not good.

If this is you dear Mother, I have something special to share with you.

There is a way for you to be refreshed and meet other ladies just like you.  Mom Life Today {yes they are affiliated with Family Life Today} is having their weekend retreat March 23-25, 2012, and they want to sponsor one of you to join us.

If you want to enter, simply click on this link and leave a comment telling us why you need a getaway weekend.  One mother will be chosen at random on Jan. 19th.

Check out: What is Mom Camp and why you need to go

xo, Angela blog subscription  | twitter | facebook

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview with Valerie Elliot Shepard (daughter of Jim and Elisabeth Elliot)

Elisabeth Elliot update {7-01-2012}

The wives of the five American missionaries who were speared to death speak {and more pictures of Valerie Elliot Shepard & her family}. Keeping their story alive!