Weekends are for letting it be well with your soul

Isn't it something how we can have plans, but God always has the best of plans for us?

This morning I woke to plans of my own.  Plans that didn't pan out, plans that didn't come to fruition.

As I sat back telling myself to, "Be still.  Be still to see how the moment would emerge" something beautiful happen.  First the Lord calmed my spirit.  He told me, "Let this be well with your soul for what you are experiencing is a good thing.  Go with this daughter."

I decided to listen.  To be obedient to the leading, to let the happenings be well with my soul.  And so it is.



And the reading and meditation of my heart has been upon these things:




Dear friends, keep this close to your heart this weekend and this week as you are going to and fro with the activities of your life, "When peace like a river attendeth my way, when sorrows like sea billows roll; whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say, it is well with my soul."



And remember this, "As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good ..." ~ Gen. 50:15

There are many people and numerous situations that God allows to enter into our lives.  People who we think we can trust we find out otherwise, situations that we thought were good turn out to be not so good.  Just keep in mind that God allows it all.  Be still.  Learn from the moment.  Take it all in and then see which way God will have your situation turn out.  Regardless of what it looks like, it's for your good.

Blessings and happy weekend!

xo, Angela blog subscription  | twitter | facebook

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview with Valerie Elliot Shepard (daughter of Jim and Elisabeth Elliot)

Elisabeth Elliot update {7-01-2012}

The wives of the five American missionaries who were speared to death speak {and more pictures of Valerie Elliot Shepard & her family}. Keeping their story alive!