Are you a sinner in need of grace?



For those of you who blog and wonder if your blog reaches the heart or touches a soul. I'm here to say, "yes," it does.  Do you wonder if God is doing something good with what you are writing, "He is."

Let me remind you of what the Bible says, "So will My Word be which goes forth from My mouth; It will not return to Me empty, without accomplishing that what I desire, and without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it." ~ Is. 55:11


If or when God lays something on your heart dear blogger— blog it.  Tell it. Tweet it.  Facebook it.  Youtube it. Proclaim it!  Even though you may never get one iota of a comment on what you typed out.  Share what He gives you anyway... all the time! And you simply find solace in knowing that you put it out there, out there in the monstrous www.



This morning I decided to have my devotions by reading one of my favorite blogs, "Grace is for sinners."  First off, I love that name.  Have you ever thought about that?  Grace is for sinners.  It is, you know?  It is only for us.  Who else would need it?  Angels?  Na.  It's for us, you and me.  Those of us wrapped in flesh.

There are several things that I read over there at Serena's blog that caused me to pause, take notice and examine myself.  One thing that caught my attention was a scripture that she shared.  Let me say that my translation the NASB does not word that verse like her translation does.  That is one reason why for certain things I enjoy reading other translations.  Anyway here is how her translations states Jeremiah 5: 18, "Even then, as bad as it will be" - God's Decree!- "it will not be the end of the world for you."


Think about that and this too while you are at it. "How is it possible to recover from your own sin when you can't go back?  How is it that good people can say one thing, but God says another?  They tell you you're beyond restoration and God calls you His beloved.  They won't talk to you, but He died for you?"






Then there's the "trap."  "Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed speedily the heart of the children of man is fully set to do evil." ~ Ecc. 8:11


That's me.  I'm guilty of that.  All of what she talks about speaks to my character in one way or another.  I have to scold myself sometimes because I notice that I fall into the trap.

She also writes, "The slow hand of God to right the wrongs can send you in one of two directions.  You know who your God is by where this injustice sends you.  Are you patient, putting your trust in God?  Do you believe that you're forgiven and loved in spite of their opinions? Or do you fight to show them their wrongs and refuse to move forward on your own?  Are you stuck in the filth they refuse to wash off?  When someone gets honored for bearing your sin and you get slandered for being a sinner, does it set your pride on fire?


God was patient with you while you were making your terrible choices.  He didn't give up on you while you turned your back on Him.  Jesus didn't come back while you were in the wrong bed.


Don't wish that, which you were spared, to be poured over another."


I could go on and on sharing Serena's writing with you, but I think I may already be broaching the doors of plagerism here so I better stop.

Head over there to Grace is for sinners and read the outstanding writing.  That is if you are like me, a sinner in need of grace.  You will see the wisdom God has given this girl to uplift those of us who are sinners.

Why did I share this with you?

I shared this with you because I see in almost everything now, the truth that Elisabeth Elliot taught countless of women like me.  I have the utmost belief that "Everything if given to God can become your gateway to joy."  And I want to keep reminding those of us who heard her utter many times and to share with those who never heard it, "You are loved with an everlasting love and underneath are the everlasting arms!"


That's part of the grace that God gives to sinners, like me.




xo, Angela blog subscription  | twitter | facebook

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview with Valerie Elliot Shepard (daughter of Jim and Elisabeth Elliot)

Elisabeth Elliot update {7-01-2012}

The wives of the five American missionaries who were speared to death speak {and more pictures of Valerie Elliot Shepard & her family}. Keeping their story alive!