31 days of praying for your husband {day 1}

Hi ladies!

I know.  I know I am behind.  I am actually eight days behind, but since I just thought of the idea on Saturday I am three days behind of my schedule.

Yesterday so much came up and I'll be honest I didn't pray for him at all :-(  I know it's bad.  I won't lie to you and pretend that it isn't.  That's why I need to challenge myself in this way.

I want to share a bit with you about what I have noticed in really taking the time to pray for Kennedy.

I have noticed that when I take the time to focus on God and pray for my husband, the person that God does the work with is me.  Do I see some changes in Kennedy?  Often times I do, but I see a lot of changes in myself.

I seem to become softer.  A lot more patient and understanding, very joyful within.  Relaxed.  I appreciate him anyway, but I appreciate him more and even see a bit of life from his perspective which I believe is how I am able to be more understanding.

Can I promise you will see some of the same things develop in your own heart and life?  No.

But I will ask you to keep a journal so that you can begin noting your feelings and the changes you not only see in yourself but in him too.  Also ladies, our children pick up a lot from their mamas.  Try  noting the changes (conscientiously or journaling) that you see in your children based on your own behavior toward your husband.  You just might be surprised.

All righty now, here is today's prayer

Pray that your husband will grow spiritually and consider his accountability before the Lord.  
Pray that he will guard his heart by developing spiritual disciplines. . . Bible reading, studying, prayer meditation, Scripture memorization and whatever else comes to mind.

Now what I plan on doing is incorporating all the prayers throughout the 31 days.  What do I mean by that? I will not just pray this prayer today.  Tomorrow I will pray this prayer along with the prayer for day 2.

So now you have it.  Let's get started.  Pray for him throughout your day.  Pray for him while you're drive, folding clothes, cooking, listening to your child read, at the computer.  If you can't get to your knees don't let that stop you.  But try and remember to pray for him (preferably on your knees before you go to bed).

Okay laides.  GO


xo, Angela
blog subscription  | twitter | facebook

Popular posts from this blog

Interview with Valerie Elliot Shepard (daughter of Jim and Elisabeth Elliot)

Elisabeth Elliot update {7-01-2012}

The wives of the five American missionaries who were speared to death speak {and more pictures of Valerie Elliot Shepard & her family}. Keeping their story alive!