(in)Couraging you to let the character of your beauty shine: pursuing Proverbs 31 woman



One mistake that I often made when I first became saved was to try and be what I thought the "Proverbs 31 Woman" was.  Yes, I said, "mistake."

For the next month or so I will share with you what I am getting from reading Proverbs 31: 10-31.  I shared yesterday that I am now a leader with the (in)Courage Community. 

The group that I am co-leading with Wendi Lombardo is (in)Couraging you in your pursuit of Proverbs 31.

I use the word "pursuit" here because first I believe we are always "becoming" or "evolving" as long as we are on this side of heaven.  Therefore, we are in pursuit of becoming the woman that God wants us to be.

What I loved discovering in this book last night and this morning is that although this woman {or this portrait of several women} is described as being an excellent wife and her worth is far above jewels.  She is never thought of  being "excellent" or "worthy" due to her outer appearance.




Her beauty is shone because of her character.  She is a woman laced with skills and she is a woman of wisdom and great compassion.

So ladies, in helping you (and me) keep in line with the our groups mission.  Let's look around our space today, beginning in our home, then going outwardly seize opportunities to be a woman of character.  Let's let our husbands, children and our community see our beauty based on our character.

Let that be a goal that we strive for always, but particularly through this session of community let's try hard to remember that this is one of our goals.

Think of some practical ways you can let the beauty of your character shine today and share them with us on our Facebook group.

Here's an interesting article I found on jewels of the Bible.

Don't forget ladies, let's meet up today for discussion on the Facebook Group.  See you then!



xo, Angela blog subscription  | twitter | facebook

Popular posts from this blog

Interview with Valerie Elliot Shepard (daughter of Jim and Elisabeth Elliot)

Elisabeth Elliot update {7-01-2012}

The wives of the five American missionaries who were speared to death speak {and more pictures of Valerie Elliot Shepard & her family}. Keeping their story alive!