A complicated life doesn't mean a barren life

 

"Can God still bring bud and blossom from the dry, brittle bones of my heart?"

This I wonder after reading Ann's post, "When you're feeling dry for Holy week."

That's how I feel.

Dry.

I wonder.  "What fruit am I bearing?"  She says, "Faith has to have fruit."

If her words are true, why is my life barren? 

Do I need more faith so I can see more fruit?

Maybe.  But more than anything I think I need to be more obedient.  I think it is my obedience to my faith that will bring me the fruit I long to see in my life. 

Her words makes me ponder all day.  Talk to Him.  When the heart longs to bring forth fruit it becomes obedient even searching for ways. This is when the shift in perspective changes.

Shall you or I continue in our sin that grace may abound?

The writer of Romans says, "God forbid."

 "We have been planted together in the likeness of Christ death."  And just like He has risen from the pit of hell, we have too.

Why do I live as if I have no hope?  Why do I live as if you have not been adopted into His family?

I continue to believe the lie that Satan whisper's often.  "You're not worthy. You are this and you are not that..."

We are worthy.  I am worthy.

This Sunday we will celebrate just how worthy God thought we were in that Christ died for our sins.  He didn't just die.  He is risen!

Because Christ is risen we who have faith in Him should never have a barren life.  Complicated? Most certainly, but not barren. We must always take inventory of the fruit that we're producing in our lives.

Sometimes I see a complicated life as a barren life and it just isn't so.

When Jesus prayed that the cup would pass Him in the garden, I would say His life was pretty complicated at that point.  But barren?  never


I remind myself that a complicated life doesn't mean my life is barren—fruitless.

"Can belief ever be barren?"  Ann asks.

I say belief with obedience can never and will never be barren, complicated? Yes, but never barren.


********

Below is an activity that Ann Voskamp posted on her blog for Easter.


The reason I copied and pasted it here is to be sure you all see it.  If some of you are like men you don't always follow the link and I didn't want you to miss out on this outstanding activity.

Isn't it the most awesomeness thing?  That Ann Voskamp is just a work of art walking to me, honestly.

Three Bowls & a Crown of Thorns :


A Holy Week Activity
DSC_0969

Three Bowls & a Crown of Thorns :
Items Needed:
1. Figs in a bowl
2. Almonds in a bowl
3. Toothpicks, tea or coffee stained in a bowl
4. a grapevine wreath, crowned-sized
Set the Three Bowls (figs, almonds, toothpicks) & a Crown of Thorns on a table during Holy Week.
1.Read of Jesus’ last miracle before His death: The Withering of the Fig Tree.
Share how Christ is looking for fruit in our lives of faith.
And the first fruit is to believe that Jesus Christ is our Saviour, that without Him, there is no fruit. Have a time of personal and family reflection: What are the fruits of the Spirit? How does my life bear each of the fruits of the Spirit?
2.Read the story of Aaron’s dry-as-death rod budding and blossoming and bearing fruit.
Give glory to God for doing miraculous work in your life, to bear unlikely faith, by His grace alone! Share God-glorifying stories of unexpected fruit!
3.Leave out the bowl of figs and almonds to eat throughout Holy Week
A literal reminder of what Christ seeks and how He surprisingly saves.
4.Set out the bowl of thorns {toothpicks stained with tea} and a grapevine wreath
Throughout Holy Week, as issues arise that beg repenting, slip a toothpick thorn into the grapevine wreath — and thank Him for His painful grace that He offers to bear fruit in our lives…
Without thy grace, we waste and wither away.







xo, Angela blog subscription  | twitter | facebook

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview with Valerie Elliot Shepard (daughter of Jim and Elisabeth Elliot)

Elisabeth Elliot update {7-01-2012}

The wives of the five American missionaries who were speared to death speak {and more pictures of Valerie Elliot Shepard & her family}. Keeping their story alive!