Favorite blog or ministry Friday: Going Beyond Ministries



I'm back with my favorite blog or ministry Friday.

Today I'm highlighting a ministry that I love and think is instrumental in helping ladies learn and grow in their Christian faith.  Going Beyond Ministries along with a few others is my "go to" ministry to help me get my focus back when I feel myself getting away from God's Word, and I need to be fed in that womanly kind of way.  Priscilla and Beth just have an innate knowing, and they always, always, have a word for me.  It is downright scary sometimes how the Lord calls them to minister to me.

  I know I have highlighted this ministry before, but what can I say!  It helps me.  It helps others.  And I will begin doing her new study soon.

Before I get started running off at the mouth, let me explain to you how "Favorite blog or Ministry Friday works."   Each Friday I will highlight a ministry,  blog  or book that I love, but more importantly it will be something that I believe will be instrumental to you in some way.

What do I mean about being instrumental to you in some way?

It will be something that will help you in your Christian walk journey as a woman, wife, mother, or business woman.

I already have one book and person that I want to feature next week, and a blog following the next Friday.  If you have a book, blog, or ministry that you want to share because it will send a little joy to my readers or if you have a gateway to joy story send me an email to gatewaystojoy (at)gmail.com and I will get back with you.

Remember, "Everything if given to God can become your gateway to joy," let us be the gateway for sharing your material with others. 

Okay, so back to Priscilla.  Here's the description that Amazon has written up about the book:


Gideon: Your weakness. God's strength. is a 7 session women's Bible study by Priscilla Shirer. When we hear the name Gideon, most of us think about his 300 soldiers or the fleece he laid out under the evening sky. But Gideon's story is so much bigger than that bigger than any one man and his mark on Israel's history. Like everything else in the Bible, this is a story about God and His people. His love for them, as well as His strength operating in spite of their weakness even through their weakness. And because God's people includes you and me, Gideon's story is also about us our lives, our doubts, our struggles, and our possibilities as believers. From a state of fear, weakness, and insecurity, Gideon emerged as Israel's hero, filled with God's presence and His passion for deliverance. This study will encourage you to recognize your weakness as the key that the Lord gives you to unlock the full experience of His strength in your life. In what ways do you feel insufficient? Those places create the greatest opportunity to experience the sufficiency of God. Instead of ignoring, neglecting, or trying to escape your weaknesses, see them as the gifts that they are, given specifically and strategically by God to unlock the door of God's strength.

Here's the video I've been dying to share with you all about the process: Video 1



 
Countdown to Gideon - Week 1 from Going Beyond on Vimeo.
 
I am soooo excited about this study I can hardly stand it!  I'm like a child running to the mailbox everyday to see if my book is here yet!

I think I'm excited, one because I'm doing it with a group of lovelies. . . being from Beth's blog and number two because it's Priscilla.  I am excited to show you all her process.

To me the process is always fun, particularly when you can take a look back.  You get to see how all of the parts fit together because in all likelihood when you were going through it, you had no idea if what you were attempting would work. So seeing the finish product is always fun!

I want you to do a few things for me:

1.  Consider joining the Bible study group with me
2.  If you know of a ministry or blog that I might enjoy and want to share here on "Favorite blog or Ministry Friday," please send me an email so I can check them out.  Send the email to: gateways to joy (at) gmail.com
3.  Pick up your copy of Gideon
4.  Would you consider liking "Gatewaystojoy" Facebook page. All you have to do is click this link: Like us on Facebook

Worth a repeat:

I already have one book and person that I want to feature next week, and a blog following the next Friday.  If you have a book, blog, or ministry that you want to share because it will send a little joy to my readers or if you have a gateway to joy story send me an email to gatewaystojoy (at)gmail.com and I will get back with you.

Remember, "Everything if given to God can become your gateway to joy," let us be the gateway for sharing your material with others.







xo, Angela

 blog subscription  | twitter | facebook

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview with Valerie Elliot Shepard (daughter of Jim and Elisabeth Elliot)

Elisabeth Elliot update {7-01-2012}

The wives of the five American missionaries who were speared to death speak {and more pictures of Valerie Elliot Shepard & her family}. Keeping their story alive!