Give your fear and pain to God



This morning while reading some old devotionals of Elisabeth Elliot, I came across one where she talked about being worn out from caring for her second husband who was dying from cancer.

I thought it was interesting when she said sometimes all we can do is give God our fear and pain.  "Gosh, that is so true," I thought to myself.

What are you fearing today dear sister?

Are you in pain, physical, spiritual, emotionally or mental?

Whatever your fear or pain today, take it to God.  He cares and He wants to help.  He's there for you and for me.

He biddens us: "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.  Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and You will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."



xo, Angela

blog subscription  | twitter | facebook

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview with Valerie Elliot Shepard (daughter of Jim and Elisabeth Elliot)

Elisabeth Elliot update {7-01-2012}

The wives of the five American missionaries who were speared to death speak {and more pictures of Valerie Elliot Shepard & her family}. Keeping their story alive!