God is Able

Today is the day that we began our new fall session with our (in)courager groups.  My group is called Gateway to Joy, of course.  The group will close when it reaches 30 women, right now we have 27!  Maybe God is holding that spot for you sister.  Why don't you go here and see if this is for you.

Today I want to talk about 'God is Able.'  That is the title of Priscilla Shirer's new book.  She's starting something new at her blog, Going Beyond, that I am really looking forward to participating in.  Here's what she's doing:


Do you have a God is able story that you can share? I would love to hear it! I shared one of my stories yesterday in the comment section over at Going Beyond, but last night my husband and I were driving to our house from Starbucks and he remembered something that I'd forgotten. He said, "Angie do you remember before we moved to this neighborhood you had to bring one of the girls over here for Girl's Scout and you said that you said to yourself, 'Man people really live like this? I will never live in a neighborhood like this." "Yes!" I thought to myself, "How could I had forgotten?" Wanting to live in this neighborhood was not something I thought about regularly. I would just always sigh when we passed by here and say, "Man I wish. . . " GOD IS ABLE!  That's all I have to say!

Tell me your story!

********

For all of you who love Elisabeth Elliot (Gateway to Joy) I have given you this printable of one of her quotes.  It is my favorite one of all of her many lovely ones.  You should print this on heavy paper.  I print all of my art print on white linen paper 100 lb and they look like they have been printed by a professional printer (I do have special printers too).  But anyway, print this art print and then frame it and put it in a special place in your home as a reminder to choose joy.



xo, Angela blog subscription  | twitter | facebook

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview with Valerie Elliot Shepard (daughter of Jim and Elisabeth Elliot)

Elisabeth Elliot update {7-01-2012}

The wives of the five American missionaries who were speared to death speak {and more pictures of Valerie Elliot Shepard & her family}. Keeping their story alive!