What is the real purpose of your blog or what you do?

I'm thinking about "wills" this morning.  Not the kind that we leave when we die, but the will that God gives each of us.  I'm asking myself, "What is the real purpose of this blog?
"What is God's will for it, for me being online, for me writing?"

The conclusion that I've come to, as it pertains to blogging, and anything that I'm doing online, is to help those who read my words want a deeper, meaningful and intimate relationship with Christ.  I started thinking about how I feel when I listen to women such as Beth Moore, Priscilla Shirer, and, of course, Elisabeth Elliot among many, many others.  What I love is how they have the ability to stir the Spirit of God in me.  I feel like their messages do what Psalm 143:10-11 talk about.  They help get my mind in a place where I am willing to let God's Spirit lead me on level ground.  They stir the Spirit in me.



That's what my heart desire is to do for you.  I want to stir the Spirit of God that dwells in you and help you move forward.

You who are here reading this right now.  Whatever place you're at in your life.  I hope you read this and realize God wants to have an intimate relationship with you.  He wants you to get to know Him deeper.  He always wants you in His Word more, praying more, but more than anything He wants you living in obedience, living out what you already know in the deepest of humility and love toward others.

God has very specific plans for our lives.  He has us here for a purpose and He has saved us for a purpose.  Let's ask God to "Teach us to do His will," today.

"Teach me to do Your will, for You are my God;
Let Your good Spirit lead me on level ground." ~ Ps. 143:10-11

xo, Angela
blog subscription  | twitter | facebook

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview with Valerie Elliot Shepard (daughter of Jim and Elisabeth Elliot)

Elisabeth Elliot update {7-01-2012}

The wives of the five American missionaries who were speared to death speak {and more pictures of Valerie Elliot Shepard & her family}. Keeping their story alive!