whitney english, the day designer, and staying focused

photo credit: Whitney English

I just love Whitney English and her authenticity!

I can sit hours upon hours and read her blog.  Not only do I love her candor, but she is the kind of creative entrepreneur I long to be like.

For months now, I've been following her, reading her blog, being inspired by her quotes and her life.  I say her life because I know it isn't perfect.  She is a successful creative entrepreneur trying to balance and live her life. The best part is that she is a successful creative entrepreneur trying to balance and live her life as a child of the King!

We have some very talented sister's in the Lord!

For a while now I've been in need of a planner.  I never wanted to get Whitney's day planner because I thought it was to pricey for me.  They are all beautiful, particularly, to me, the black stripped one and the gold.

I have been searching high and low for the perfect planner for over a year.  I have refused to get the ones that I'd been getting because frankly they just did not serve my purpose.

So I've been using spiral notebooks to jot everything down it.  Talk about not helping.  I have so many and I scratch notes in anything that is on my desk, making it difficult for me to find important information even when I write it down.


photo credit: alexandrawrote

Finally I had to give in and purchase a planner, but which one would I get?

Would I get Emily Ley's, Simplified Planner?  Another creative entrepreneur who I just adore, or Whitney's?

I actually went to buy Emily's planner before purchasing Whitney's Day Designer, but they were out of stock or something like that when I got over there.

So my planner got here yesterday and I'm beside myself!  I've taken it to Starbucks and carried it from room-to-room with me here in the house.  It is a 2014 so I can't put much in it yet, but I can read the encouragement and the strategic planning that Whitney offers at the beginning of the planner.

Man this this planner isn't what I was expecting at all, but it sure is what I needed.

I thought I was going to be able to take her Authenticate program for the next 10 months, but it doesn't look like that will happen.  I will probably just take notes from her blog and videos like I've been doing to help me out.

I feel like no one understands what I'm going through more than her, maybe you, Emily and other like minded women--other creative entrepreneurs.  I feel like if I don't get my designs and ideas out, work at my goals with all I have and more that I will just roll over and die inside.

We are in such a financial strain right now, but I can't give up on what I'm doing.  Not now.  I'm making dreams happen, yes mine.  And by staying focused and working my plan {for the first time} things will be happening for us, but I must stay the course.



I've explained it to my children, my husband who is a business owner understands.  He's been self-employed for 16 years, but his business is not doing great right now.  Thus our financial struggles.

Okay, let me get back to the Day Designer.

Let me just say that I love this beautiful piece.  It is more than a planner, way more.  It looks like decorative art to me. It has the exact look and feel that I love and have longed for. Whitney's branding seems effortless.  It is very simple, but classy and elegant.

If you are looking for a planner, I highly recommend Whitney English's "the Day Designer" planner.

She has worksheets in her planner that titles include:

1.  YOUR WHY: 3 KEY IDEAS
2.  ENVISIONING EXTRAORDINARY
3. YOUR CORE VALUES
4. YOUR PASSIONS
5.  YOUR STRENGTHS
6.  BRING IT ALL TOGETHER
7. GOAL PLANNER

There so much in the planner, you just really have to see it for yourself.


Anyhoo ladies, go check out Whitney English planners, promise you will not be disappointed!


xo, Angela blog subscription  | twitter | facebook

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview with Valerie Elliot Shepard (daughter of Jim and Elisabeth Elliot)

Elisabeth Elliot update {7-01-2012}

The wives of the five American missionaries who were speared to death speak {and more pictures of Valerie Elliot Shepard & her family}. Keeping their story alive!