Are you unhappy about where you are?




I will be perfectly blunt with you: I am in a few situations that I don't like where they have me positioned.  For a while, a few years, I had found myself complaining, complaining.  After much prayer and soul searching, I realized that the only way my situation was going to change to my liking was for me to do something about it.  Make it happen.

God had said, "yes," but nothing was going to happen unless I took actions in the direction I wanted to go.

Friends, are you in a situation that you don't like?  Your situation could be a relationship, job, weight or anything.  Have you ever thought about doing something about it? I mean really doing something-- something more than just talking about it and complaining.

Why not start planning now, today, to take real deliberate actions on changing your situation?

Make something happen.

I've talked about Whitney English the Day Planner and one of her quotes, "the key to a well-designed life is consistently editing what works and what doesn't."






Here are three of seven tips that Whitney gives that I've changed some to help get you moving to make things happen in your life.

1.  Start by finding courage.  Making a change takes lots of courage.  It takes lots of courage.  Why?  Things get worse before they get better and you will want to give up.  If you're in a spot that you just don't like, you can get out, but it's going to be a struggle.

Mayou Angelou said, "Courage is the most important virtue because without courage you can't practice any other virtues consistently.  You can practice any virtue erratically, but nothing consistently without courage."

You have to find the courage to love the struggle, lean in to it, to let it wash over you and not take you down.  It can, but not if you don't let it.

2.  Once you find courage and begin to lean into your situation to change it, your fear will still be there.  The fear doesn't go away.  Mark Twain said, "Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear." Eleanor Roosevelt said, "You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face," and Ronnie Roque says, "Fear is like a prison. It can lock you up."

Once you start to lean in to your fear you can say, "I lived in this horror.  I can take the next thing that comes along."

3.  If you don't like where you are, imagine where you want to be and move toward that vision.

Once you move towards it, let it go.  Let it go.  That's why you need courage because humans are notorious at holding on to things that don't matter, and we tend to surround ourselves with people and things that reflect and embrace our status quo.

If you can, fall it love with change itself.  If you can do this you will learn not to fear change.  Let change be your best friend.

So there you have it friends!  I will post the rest tonight for tomorrow.  Remember, you don't have to be where you are if you don't want to be.

Psst... I got my wisdom tooth pulled yesterday.

xo, Angela blog subscription  | twitter | facebook

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview with Valerie Elliot Shepard (daughter of Jim and Elisabeth Elliot)

Elisabeth Elliot update {7-01-2012}

The wives of the five American missionaries who were speared to death speak {and more pictures of Valerie Elliot Shepard & her family}. Keeping their story alive!