My ramblings...

It's here again.  Time for us to begin school.

Many of you have already started, but we don't start until the day after Labor Day.

The kids are excited.  My mother is here helping out, and she, like the children are excited.  Right now, as I type this, she is in the kitchen.  She's cooking grits and has already set the butter and eggs aside for the two cakes she's making today.

As far as school goes, I'm excited too.  Hopeful.  Hopeful that God will give me all that I need to do that which He has called me to do... you know I'm a broken one, with so many pieces to be placed just so...

This season of my life God has saw fit to add some anews to my schedule.  I can't wait to share some of what I'm doing with you all.  I will make the announcement in the coming months.

For now, just know that I am going to be one busy woman.  I'll be burning the candle at both ends.

If you haven't signed up for the Bible study on 1 John, please go ahead and do so.  I think it will be a lot of fun!

For those of you who have already signed up, let me just say, "thank you" and I look forward to seeing what God is going to do with us.  I will send emails out to all those who have signed up September 15.

Today is Monday, which means this is the day that I share from my gratitude journal.  Please forgive me because I've lost track of the count.  I'm so glad God hasn't though.  I will get that taken care of soon.

In the mean time, here a few things from my journal that I've taken note to thank God for:

~ temperature cooling
~ having my mother here {I am really missing my Daddy.  I really long to be left alone for a day, get in my bed, cover my head with my blanket and have a good sob.  But Kennedy won't let me.  Every time I try, he says, "Come on let's go take a ride."
~ books
~ fans
~ washing machines & dryers
~ shaved ice snow cones
~ home made ice cream & lemonade
~ a summer's breeze
~ the help that my children are now able to give me
~ being middle aged
~ Wholefoods Market
~ Farmers Market
~ pens
~ journals
~ solid friendships
~ chicken salad & crackers
~ sparkling water
~ children old enough to clean out the refrigerator
~ lemon & cucumber water
~ goat milk soap
~ antique stores & designs
~ Mosaic art
~ Women of Faith Conference and my new friends
~ covering up in sheets on hot summer nights.

~Showing you how beautiful and put together something broken and jagged can become






~




Mosaic artwork taken from:
Avery Mosaic
Mosaic Mercantile

This post is linked to the following blogs:


A Tough Cookie Mommy
A Holy Exeperience


xo, Angela

blog subscription  | twitter | facebook

"What if God has a plan for this brokenness?  What if He wants to use these jagged, disjointed fragments of our lives to turn them into a colorful story?"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview with Valerie Elliot Shepard (daughter of Jim and Elisabeth Elliot)

Elisabeth Elliot update {7-01-2012}

The wives of the five American missionaries who were speared to death speak {and more pictures of Valerie Elliot Shepard & her family}. Keeping their story alive!